On June 28-29 the 5th Youth Session of the Primakov Readings was held in Moscow.
The participants of the Session were young Russian and foreign researchers - winners of the essay contest, which has been jointly organized by IMEMO RAS and the Primakov Center for International Cooperation annually since 2017.
The general topic of the event this year was “Global Security: Looking for Dialogue Opportunities”.
The key topics for discussions will be:
- “The Security Architecture Crisis in Europe”.
- “Central Asia: Development Opportunities and Security Risks”.
- “Technological Development and Global Issues”.
- “Global Energy Transition: an Objective Tendency or another Political Project?”
The leading Russian experts spoke during the panels of the Youth Session, amongst them are:
- Feodor Voitolovsky, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Dr. of Sciences (Politics), Director of the IMEMO;
- Stanislav Zhukov, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Dr. of Sciences (Economics), Deputy Director of the IMEMO;
- Konstantin Bogdanov, Cand.of Sciences (Technology), Senior Researcher at the Center for International Security, IMEMO;
- Ivan Danilin, Cand.of Sciences (Politics), Head of the Department of Science and Innovation, IMEMO;
- Zaur Mamedyarov, Cand.of Sciences (Economics), Head of the Section of Science and Innovation, IMEMO;
- Stanislav Pritchin, Cand.of Sciences (History), Senior Researcher at the Center for Post-Soviet Studies, IMEMO;
- Ivan Safranchuk, Cand.of Sciences (Politics), Director of the Center of Euro-Asian Studies, Institute for International Studies, MGIMO University.
The young scientists have presented scientific and analytical works dedicated to the matters of cyber security and technological development, artificial intelligence, strategies for creating a new Security Architecture both in Europe and in the world, the development prospects of the Union State of Russia and Belarus, the analysis of the bilateral relations between China, Russia, and Central Asian countries, the future of EU’s Climate Agenda and many other topical issues.
The participants of the Youth Session will continue their joint efforts in creating a new research project in the period leading up to the 8th edition of the International Forum “Primakov Readings”.
The Youth Session is held by the Council of Young Scientists and Specialists of the IMEMO along with the Primakov Center for International Cooperation and supported by the Russian Presidential Grants Foundation.