Under the auspices of the International Forum, the Primakov Centre and the IMEMO Council of Young Scientists and Specialists are organizing a Youth Session of the Primakov Readings-2022 on the topic «Global Security: Looking for Dialogue Opportunities».
The key topics for discussions will be:
- “The Security Architecture Crisis in Europe”.
- “Central Asia: Development Opportunities and Security Risks”.
- “Technological Development and Global Issues”.
- “Global Energy Transition: an Objective Tendency or another Political Project?”
Who is eligible to participate?
Postgraduate students, higher education institutions and think tanks employees, as well as the employees of public and civil society organizations and NGOs, and independent experts up to 35 years old specializing in World Economy, Political Science, International Relations, International Law, Social Studies and Demography, and Modern and Contemporary History are all encouraged to participate.
Based on the call-for-applications results, the Organizing Committee will pick out 20 participants, who will get to present their scientific findings on a chosen topic during one of the discussions and to take part in the International Forum “The Primakov Readings-2022”, where they will get an opportunity to speak to the top experts, former and current government officials, public figures, and business community representatives.
Event Dates: June 25–28, 2022 (June 25 – arrival day; June 26-27 – the Youth Session of the Primakov Readings, June 28 – departure day).
Event Venue: Moscow, Russia.
Working Language: Russian, English.
Terms of Participation:
The organizers are covering traveling, meals, and accommodation expenses of the winners of the contest.
The participants are responsible for covering the Consular Fee to get a Russian Visa (if needed), all transfers from the airport/railway station to the hotel and vice versa, Medical Insurance and PCR-tests expenses.
How to Apply?
In order to participate in the contest, the applicants should complete an application form and attach the following documents:
- an essay on the chosen topic in accordance with the following requirements: 10 000-13 000 characters with spaces in .docx format, font – Times New Roman, font size – 14, line spacing – 1.0. The essay must be written in English;
- a Letter of Recommendation signed by your supervisor at the university / institute / organization (in .pdf, .jpg, or .png format);
- additional documents distinguishing you as a young specialist suitable and, most importantly, qualified to participate in the Forum (scientific articles, CV, etc.);
- a headshot photo of you (to be further used for an information pamphlet).
Deadline for Applications: April 30, 2022, 11:59 PM (Moscow Standard Time).
The winning applications and their respective essays will be published in the IMEMO’s «Global Development» periodical series.
A Compendium of the Youth Session of the Primakov Readings-2021 is available on the IMEMO official website.
For feedback on organizational and other matters concerning participation in the Youth Session of “The Primakov Readings” please contact us at email@example.com.
You are also welcome to join us on Social Media and follow all the activities of the IMEMO Council of Young Scientists and Specialists and the Primakov Centre.
IMEMO Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
Telegram Channel – https://t.me/smuimemo
Vkontakte – https://vk.com/smuimemo